Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday, May 26

Needless to say, I did not get a lot of sleep last night. I went into work with somewhat of a fog in my mind. I knew the possibilities of what could happen, but I was really just trying to wrap my arms around possibly having the same disease as Reggie White. Some people thought that the disease killed him, but Dr. Jervis pointed out that many people live with the disease just fine. I had an interview that day with Susie at 11:00 am. She was coming all the way from Minneapolis, so I felt like I had to be there. Jo and Bill were out at Jason Kestler’s wedding, which I was missing as well because of this news. I was interviewing her when Dr. Jervis called me on my cell phone. He said he would like to do a bronoscophy on me, which was going down my throat and looking into my lungs. He said the CT scan was very scary and he was afraid I had cancer. He said it still could be some sort of infection, but he doubted this. I was shocked!!!!!! This is the last thing I thought he would say. He said that he could get it done on Saturday if I wanted to. Of course I said yes. He set the appointment. I had to call Bill and mom, and I also went home to tell Christi the bad news. The weekend coming up was Memorial Day weekend. We were having people over for a cookout, and I think Christi wanted to cancel. Even though I was really upset, I wanted to go on as though nothing had happened. I guess I was still in denial in some ways.

No comments: