Friday, November 02, 2007

I am sorry it took me so long to post this week. I want to say first that I am really pumped about my doctors visit on Tuesday. I think everyone can agree that I thought the results were not going to be good. A lot of people were concerned I was down, but I just felt there would be a negative reaction because of what my body was telling me. When I had the last collapsed lung, the procedure they did really is taking a long time to heal which is giving me real symptoms, but it seemed like it was from the cancer.

Susan, one of the doctors I see, came in because we had been waiting awhile. She could not see us right then, but she did say the scans are good. Later she came in and talked more. I wanted you to know this part of the story because that is an example of why I am so happy at Duke. She did not have to do that. I really believe they truly care about me.

I do want to say I am still going to go for the lung transplant. While I am stable, science tells us that eventually, the Avastin may not work. I will always try to do something to make me stable, but in the end, I think I will have to go for it.

Three great things from this week. First - Charlotte Business Journal picked FIG as the 3rd best place to work in Charlotte. We were in the medium category, and there are over 1700 businesses with 50-175 employees. This is something that our employees were surveyed for this honor. This is not something we paid for, it is really a big deal and I am very proud of our company. Second - this weekend, one of my clients is having a client appreciation dinner. One of the things they are doing is having a fund raiser for Addi's Cure. They have already donated themselves and had many of their clients donate also. The Berry's are a great family. I could go on and on. The third thing is very exciting as well. There is a Bush Series driver named Jennifer Jo Cobb (http://www.cobbracingteam.com) and Addi's Cure will be on her car. One of the companies I work with is The Annexus Group. These guys decided to sponsor her car. Out of the goodness of their hearts, they decided to put my charity on the car. I was so touched, it was crazy.... She is the only female driver, and she is from Kansas. Watch the PHX Bush race and look for the Annexus Car with Addi's Cure on it...... Thanks Don and Ron!

Last, but not least, THANK YOU. I know there are a lot of people out there thinking of me and praying for me. We all know that is why I am still here. I have had some good times and bad during the crazy time, but the bottom line is the support I have is awesome....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Charlotte Business Journal honor. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I wanna drive the race car!!!

:-)

Glad to see you are in good spirits boss man. You rock!

~Roachy

Anonymous said...

Bo

I am so happy for you and I will be looking for the race car. And your niece is doing back flips for you. Hope to see you soon. Harveys

Anonymous said...

Bo,

So often we all take our lives for granted and it is not until our later years that we realize how precious life really is. You, Christi and Addi have made us all understand that we need to really appreciate each minute for what it really is, a gift from God and to live our lives to the fullest extent possible. Also, your journey serves to remind us to love, cherish, and respect one another on a daily basis because this is a one way trip and we will never pass this way again. May God bless you and your family for sharing the good times, and unforunately, the bad times, with everyone who reads your blog. By doing so you and your family have made the world a better place by caring and sharing daily with the rest of us.

I would also like to ask everyone reading Bo's Blog to take just one minute to send him and Christi, and Addi, a thank you post to his blog with a short personal message, along your first name(s) and the city and state you live in. This way Bo and Christi, and their families, will all know just how much their daily blog postings mean to all of us. Thanks to everyone for doing so...and then take another minute to tell your family you love them, today.