Saturday, May 01, 2010

Hello to All -
Well Mother's Day came a weekend early for me. Addi and I had the best Mom and Daughter day today, we are both exhausted (Addi even at one time asked me to go home to take a nap, now that is unheard of for her!)
We were lazy this morning crawled in bed and watched cartoons, nothing like a little Max and Ruby to get the morning going. Then it was off to Davidson Day. The town of Davidson, on a smaller scale, reminds me so much of Lawrence. Small community supporting their college. We spent all morning and early afternoon riding rides, finding friends, crashing lunches (Thanks Shawn and Kristen) and getting our face painted. It is amazing that sometimes when you feel so far from home, you realize you really do have roots where you are. So many people love and care for Addi, it makes my heart swell. She loves everyone of her friends and very much like her Daddy runs up to everyone with open arms, never a stranger (Sorry Henry!)
Then off to get some necessary shopping (and a few things not on the list - PS this is where Addi got tired)
Now we are working on some projects, watching Tinkerbell and just snuggling. Gotta love a weekend with no real commitments!
Love to All
Christi
PS - Happy 30th to my little and ugh younger sister. Yes that makes me older than 30...I might be in denial...age in all relative, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...And just as many people love and care for you too!

Anonymous said...

Many more days and weekends like this for you and Addi!
Love you Mom in Kansas

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend! It was good to see you from afar today! Amy and the boys