Friday, February 11, 2011

Hello to All -
I hope everyone is slowly thawing out throughout the country, I guess the freeze has left no stone unturned. Things for Addi and I have stayed exciting. Since my last post (aka the hamster ordeal) I decided why not get the stomach bug again. Yipee! It is a good diet plan, but I would pass the next time around. Addi so far has avoided getting it for the third time, if you remember she missed Halloween and then again New Years Eve. I guess any random day isn't good enough for her. I have also been working on the home repairs. Right now that means I cannot walk on any hard wood floors and my house smells like stain and however you spell with clear shiny coat...poly-something. Makes for fun times, but really it has been a little fun. Addi and I have played Littlest Pet Shop, colored, ate out a lot and crashed our friends houses. Oh what to do next week when we have a house to live in...
I did receive a very nice email that others are still finding our blog. So for the few of you, I hope very few, that follow us for medical reasons, I thought the link below was interesting in what is being done for lung cancer.
http://www2.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/2011/02/new-treatment-now-available-for-lung-cancer-patients.html
I have reached out to the East Coast Doctors to see if there is anywhere close by that offers this treatment so you maybe wouldn't have to travel so far. Also for those of you supporting Addi's Cure remember our event is in 2 Weeks and we can put some of those dollars hard at work and see what other treatment options there are out there. Bo would not have qualified for the STARS treatment because he didn't have one tumor, but there are new drugs coming out that are extremely exciting for the "non-smokers" version, BAC cancer.
Stay healthy, I know we are
All our Love
Christi and Addi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay healthy and enjoy your new floors! Keep up the good work fighting lung cancer. Even though we do not respond each post I look each day for a post by you.

miles3_17 said...

Hey just found out a friend of ours father just got diagnosed with stage 4/5 not sure, lung cancer. never smoked, nothing! I dont know if there is something I need to be passing on to them, that they dont already have or know, but thought I would ask. She lives in Atlanta, but I think her parents live in Florida some and not sure where else. Thanks for any help I can pass along.
Glad you are doing well. Hope we get to see you when you come down.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and Addi! We have our fingers crossed that she (and you) don't get another stomach bug!