Sunday, September 17, 2006

Report from the weekend:

Friday was a normal day. I felt pretty darn good after chemo on Thursday. I went to work and that night took it easy. We actually had steak on Friday night. The doctors said my hemoglobin were getting a little low and to eat red meat and spinach.

Saturday morning I went to Jacob Lee's birthday party. It was at a place called Monkey Joe's. It was a lot of fun. Addi was really funny going down the slides, etc. by herself. I am serious, some of the slides she went down there were 3 year olds that would not go down them. We are going to be in trouble later. FEARLESS. I had to leave early and take Chris Vance, Shawn, and Charles to pay golf at 12:30 or so. We had fun, but I have to admit this cycle of chemo has been the worse. Joints are very sore and feeling wiped out. Played ok, took 18 off so that should tell you something. That night we played with Addi and just hung out again. Christi has been going right along with me almost everywhere so I think she is a little worn out as well.

Sunday I had to get up early and go to Hendersonville. Mike, Joel, and I are playing golf early with my buddies from Hendersonville, then we are going to Mike and Caroline's shower at 2:00. We had to leave at 7:00 am. Early. I had a little bit of a tough time getting out of bed. The 3rd day after chemo is typically my worst per Christi. We played a place called Cleghorn. Very nice and they are really working on it. Then went to Hendersonville for the shower which was good. Saw my dad and grandpa, plus a lot of Johnson's. Everyone is Hendersonville is laid back and cool. Saw my cousin Merritt who is getting to be such a sweet young lady. She is a senior and is actually responsible now! We drove home tonight and just hung out. I really was tired tonight and just needed to rest. I got in bed around 8:30 and just stayed there. See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bo,

Was great having you and your Family here for the Shower.You looked great, of course Addison stole the show. What a beautiful little girl. She is such a pleasuer to have around.
Thank you and Chirsti for comeing up and for bring Addison to brighten the day for everyone.
Love, Dad

Stuart Rohrbaugh said...

Appreciate your commitment to maintain and update your blog. Sounds like things are going great! I had no idea you traveled so much with your job. Looking forward to NBA 2006-07 season. Hope you remembered your offer to take me to my first Bobcats game?