Friday, May 15, 2009

Hello to All - I hope you are enjoying the beginnings of summer before things get crazy hot. Well things never get to crazy hot in NC, some days but in general it is all good.
Sorry it has taken so long to post, but we just heard back from the doctors this week and needless to say we needed a little time to process. (plus most our family is on a trip to the Dominican that our doctors wouldn't let us go on) It looks like Bo will be having Brain Surgery this summer. We haven't set the date yet, we are still waiting to hear. Bo is requesting June, late June, but we are unsure if time is of the essence or what. It is our understanding that our team of doctors got together to discuss the "spot" and determined the only real way to figure out what this is, is surgery. All roads would end this way, so I guess let's skip everything else and just "Get er done." (that was for Curtis) So you see now why we haven't phoned down there and mentioned over the phone, let's give them a little more time to enjoy themselves.
The procedure will be done a Duke, I guess this is the only way we got to be on every floor of the hospital there, lucky us. Dr. Freidman, who performed Ted Kennedy's procedure has signed up to take Bo (and myself) on. Seriously Bo is more agreeable (go figure) than I am most of the time. (He is sedated, (I might take that route this time) I am too nosey, oh well. We are optimistic that this will fix the problem and then we can go on living our lives. Disney here we come!
We will let you know when our "procedure" will be performed. Let's pray Bo can give us an uneventful one. I know I am praying for that. I also pray that Addi will not spend the summer in a hotel again. She is such a trooper, but you always want the best for them. She really will start to think the summer house is our summer house before long.
Love to All
Christi, Bo and Addi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Christi we will pray for an uneventful one and for you all to be back home in a flash. Love you guys and I was great to talk with bo on the phone

Cyndi

Anonymous said...

We will all pray for a routine surgery for you all this summer. Please keep us posted on things.
We love and miss you.
Crystal

Anonymous said...

Get er done is right! No news will be good news but even if there is something to deal with, better to know. And how wonderful that you've got one of the best taking on your case.

Christi, never EVER think that your advocacy for Bo is anything other than amazing and an absolute necessity. In this day, a seriously ill patient must have an advocate family member by their side all the time to watch out for them when they aren't able to say "no, I'm not in to have my xxx removed... I'm here for (actual need)." too many mistakes and accidents these days. Not saying your providers aren't the best around, they've proven that..but they are human and this is just another precaution.

Praying for you all like crazy from Omaha!

L&T

Anonymous said...

This is going to be uneventful as you have prayed for! It it one more hurdle that needs to be crossed on the road to wellness. I am thinking about you all-
My Love,
MitchyB

Anonymous said...

Hello Christi, Bo, and Addi.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are going to Disney? How exciting! We went in March with the girls and it was awesome. Addi will love it. Hope to talk to you soon.
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Hello Johnson,

Bo has already proven how strong he is and will continue to get stronger. He is lucky to have such a great family and support system. I'm praying for an uneventful procedure. And my thoughts are with all of you.

XOXO,
Tracy Lingo