Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday at last. Work was really good today. I feel like I got a lot accomplished. For our industry, FIG is really doing well. This year, most are down, yet we are still up between 12-18 percent. The FIG employees are really stepping up to the plate, especially during my illness.

I did want to mention a call I got. Mandy from Hendersonville called me today and wanted to know if the rumor was true. She was very sweet. She also told me about another young lady from Hendersonville that had lung cancer as well. She is a year younger than me. I was very sad to hear that. From what Mandy said, she does not have quite the same positive attitude I have. I asked Mandy to have her call me, and I am going to PUMP HER UP! Even though I am realest, I still believe that god has plans for me. I am not sure what that is right now, but I am going to do everything I can to stay on this earth. There are three reasons for me staying - Addi, Christi, and the plan I am supposed to undertake. That is it. It really is amazing that I feel I have let this situation go, and what happens will happen, but I am not going to let this take control over me. Period.

This morning I had these organic flakes as well as a smoothie. For lunch I had wheat spaghetti along with turkey ground, and dinner was the same but with a huge salad. Soy milk is really not bad now.

My dad called me today with some encouraging words. It has been so nice the support I have gotten from everyone. People have sent me stuff of course, but the calls and notes have been really cool. It is nice to know that many people just wonder what is going on with you. I am excited about this weekend, getting to spend time with my family and friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Came upon your blog website awhile back and want to wish you all the luck. I do have to admit that I have now begun to check it everyday to see what you have to eat. I have been wanting to start eating more heatlhy and reading everyday what you are having to eat is inspiring. Thank you for including this in your journal. Christi sounds like an amazing person. Maybe she should start her own blog with a list of recipes that she is cooking for the rest of us who haven't a clue.
Again, best of luck.