Wednesday, June 14, 2006

June 7 - 14

From this point on, we decided to try to get a couple of other opinions. We wanted to make sure that other concurred with Dr. Crawford. From all of the other places, we heard basically the same thing. It took some time to get all of the places contacted as well as sending the scans overnight, etc. Dr. Crawford also called some of his colleagues at some of the places as well. Here is what we heard: Everyone said to take Tarceva, and then there was some dissention as far as whether to do it with chemo or alone. I had several people trying to help me on this endeavor. Arin, Steve, Dennis, and several others really did a good job in getting me over the hump on these days. Especially Dennis Brown. He called one night when I was having a “bad” night, and it really helped me. Also during this time has been my diet change. I have changed EVERYTHING. Honestly, it is very hard to eat right in America. I challenge you to try it for a week only. I went ahead during this time and made an appointment at Duke to start treatment. I felt very comfortable working with them, but I will admit I was still looking when I made this appointment. I knew I wanted to START, and starting something would make me feel better. Duke had also bent over backwards to make me feel good and comfortable, where MD Anderson was SO COLD, as was Sloan-Kettering. Dr. Louis from Ohio State was very nice as well. I started riding my bike this week again and I did 6 miles today with Jay Robinson.

No comments: