Sunday, October 01, 2006

The wedding of the century is over, and Caroline and Mike are headed to HI for the honeymoon. It will be difficult to call her Caroline Mullan, but I got used to Tracia Beasley so I am sure I will get along. There has been a lot to do with the wedding this weekend, so I will start with Friday golf. Curtis (Christi's brother) and I were paired up with Mike's dad Bruce. We played at Raintree. It was a great day, lots of fun. Basically, Curtis and I played bad. I always wonder why I play bad, since I play all of the time!!!! Any way, we had fun. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner, and it was at a place called A Room with a View. It was very nice and Addi was a star there as well as Caroline. I also got the first donation for Addi's Cure there, from Mr. Bob Axelrod. Thanks Bob, and thanks for the extra couple of zeros!

Saturday was the big day. I had to be down there at 3:30 or so. I was a groomsmen as well as walked Caroline down the isle. It was a nice wedding, and Caroline certainly looked beautiful. Addi was the flower girl, and she made it down the aisle pretty well with Christi's help. The reception was awesome, but I have to admit that it was hard. No matter how confident you are about cancer, you always wonder things. I was dancing with Addi and I wondered if I was going to be around on her wedding day. It made me sad. I also hate that Caroline is always going to have to look at her wedding pictures and see my bald head. Whether it turns out good or bad for me, Caroline will always have that memory.

Addi loves the music so when the band was playing she was dancing. It was really funny. Sunday we are going to have brunch with my dad, then take Curtis and Erin to the airport. Their daughter Ryan is so cute.

All in all a fun weekend. I will do another post soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bo - the thing that Caroline will remember when she looks at her pictures is that the brother she adores walked her down the aisle - not that he had no hair!!! It was a perfect weekend and we are so happy to have Caroline's family a part of ours!!

Janet Mullan

Anonymous said...

Bo - Janet is so right Caroline is not going to care wether or not you had hair or not just the fact that you were there to share the special day with her. We love and miss you guys. The Harveys

Anonymous said...

Bo-
I was watching you dance with Addi this weekend and it was truly amazing to watch you with her. I wanted to come up & tell you what an inspiration you have been to me and my family (I forwarded your blog to them), but I am shy and so I did not. But it was absolutely beautiful to see you with her.
You are inspiring to me because my dad survived round 1 with prostate cancer about 2 years ago but now the doctors are worried that it is back. I too am getting married in January it means the world to me that my Dad be there to walk me down the aisle.I am confident that you will be all smiles on Addi's wedding day as you walk her down the aisle.
Your optimism, encouragement and will to beat the cancer is inspiring to myself and my Dad; and has helped us fight our own battles. So THANK YOU for your willingness to share your story and inspire SO MANY others!!!
Corina Nicholson