Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Monday to everyone. I had a great weekend. I played golf and just hung out with Addi and Christi.

We had a wonderful gesture made from two of our neighbors. I will not say their names for privacy sake. The husbands brother died unexpectedly this weekend. He is in his early 40's and was still on a ventilator but was brain dead. They called us and said they wanted me to have his lungs. We were really touched. In the midst of such a tragedy, the family thought about our family. Christi and I really do not know what to say. I am not sure that anything will come of this, but it really makes your heart remember how good people are. I will never be able to do this story justice while typing on the blog, but just know that it was incredible call. We are praying for the family and their loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there still a chance that you can get the lungs or now it is too late?

Anonymous said...

Bo - every night the little boy prayer warriors continue to pray that God will send you good lungs. Maybe this is it and the lungs will work out. Maybe it is not, and God instead sent you a message of encouragement, inspiration and love...just to keep you in good spirits while you wait. Either way, you are a blessing to others and our prayers continue. I wish I had the opportunity to talk with you more, but know that I'm your friend and I think of you every day. Take care of yourself and your two wonderful ladies! Keep us posted on how you're feeling.