Friday, July 21, 2006

Today was a regular work day. It was pretty busy. I meet Mike D.; the guy I wrote about earlier that has lung cancer as well. He came by my office, and we chatted some in the afternoon. I think he is where I was a little bit ago: really ready and "fighting" mad. He is a great guy, and I think he may even have a better attitude than I do. He has a step daughter and son, and they are both 11. He has a lot to live for. He will be at Duke on Tuesday as well for his first visit. He has already visited UNC. I am hoping he goes to Duke. Not only because they are a top 10 hospital, but because of the way they have treated me.

I also found out that Chip's mom got out of surgery ok. Chip works with me, and they had found out that his mom had a tumor near her brain. She made it through the surgery fine, in fact they finished two hours early!

All in all, a good day. Tomorrow we are headed to Boone to look at a piece of property. I am going to go, with Bill and mom. It should be a fun day.

I did ride my bike today. Sometimes I forget to say anything about it, but I am riding at least 5 days per week.

No comments: