Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Good Evening - Addi and I are finally getting over our Christmas colds. Addi experienced her first sore throat and it was an experience for me. She refused to swallow and got herself so worked up that I had to call for back up from Grams. It is during these times when she hurts herself or doesn't feel well that she wants Bo the most. She always has and this has been a adjustment for her. We are working on it, just one day at a time. (Which is might say is a little ironic that she has always wanted Daddy, I like to think I am nurturing as well, kids...)
We are planning for a quiet New Years. Other than the first year Bo and I were dating, we have always kept them quiet. Not one for going out and partying it up, so we will keep it quiet. I have come to realize that I have a better time handling the big events it is the little moments that are harder. The times in the car when you have a moment to think, when I would call and chat with Bo, quiet moments of Addi watching TV, making dinner for 1 1/2 now... those moments. So when you see me driving down the road not quite looking like myself, just wave, I am okay, just having a moment.
If I don't get back on here, I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, happy and healthy New Years. It is with mixed emotions for tomorrow. I don't want to move on from 2009, but I sure don't want to stay here either. (Bo would never have wanted that) I guess there is one thing for certain, life will go on and time will keep moving forward. We will just try to grasp at those moments, make more memories and love one another.
Love to All
Christi and Addi
PS - Happy Birthday "Old Lady" Cyndi
PSS - One more Addi story, the other day we were listening to "O Come All Ye Faithful" and Addi says to me, "Mommy this is the song I think they sang to Daddy." Completely catching me off guard, but I hope she is right and when they called Bo home the angels sang him right to heaven...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christi and Addi,
It is good to hear that you are getting over your colds and feeling better. It always seems with tragic events, it is the little things or moments that get you. Just know that it happens to the best of us, hold on, and time will keep on moving. Thinking of you two often,
The Glidewell Crew

Anonymous said...

Christi and Addi

We are so happy to hear that you are both recovering from your colds. Please know that we all struggle with the small moments after losing someone you love. Just remember to take it one day at a time.

We love you guys

Catie Rubenstein said...

I know it's stating the obvious, but take extra good care of yourself right now. when we're run down and tired and emotionally drained, immunity is at its lowest. Small moments are the hardest, definitely.... the white space between times your head is filled with preoccupying nonsense. I understand completely your thoughts about moving on yet holding on to parts of 2009.. wishing you and Addi a beautiful 2010, and a year filled with many small moments that are wonderful. I know you will never forget this year, but I hope they will all be much better after this.
Much love from the west coast.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are both feeling a bit better! Have a safe and relaxing New Year's Eve and Day-you are right, life will keep moving forward...
Love,
MitchyB

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you all! Really appreciated the card you sent out. What a beautiful family. We think of you and Addi often.

Larry and Tammy - Omaha

Anonymous said...

Dear Christi and Addi,

It is okay to feel the pain and the loss....there is a big void in your life and it is okay to feel the loss and sadness. We all want you both to be okay and not be sad, but we know you must go through this. I am glad you are both feeling better from your colds.

I am not going to say that 'life goes on' although it does, it won't be the same. You will create different wonderful memories and new experiences, but you will always have Bo in your old memories and your heart as he is probably there with you every minute of the day....We care....Hang in there, take care and be well. We are all counting on you.

Anonymous

Anonymous said...

One moment at a time and one day at a time. That is all you can do and you are doing it beautifully! Addi is so lucky to have such an amazing Mommy! I am always at my house with my kids anytime you are having a moment and need a place to go! My door is always open! Happy New Year! I wish you all the happiness that one heart can hold in 2010!!!

I love you,
Rachel