Friday, September 26, 2008

Good Evening All - Just a quick post to let you know that things are going well today. We made it back to crazy no-gas Cornelius. Seriously it is a little funny...I know not funny if you are almost on empty, but crazy. Anyway...I do have to say that when I was getting gas tonight I had the slowest pump on the planet, but I starting talking to the man across from me trying to feel up a moving truck (Uhaul type). I was wishing him luck and he was wondering if everyone was nuts in North Carolina? I tried to tell him everything you all have been telling me. Anyway he proceeded to tell me that they were going to Ohio and that he felt so sorry for his daughter. They were moving there to help her husband he was diagnosed about a year ago with, yes you guessed it, lung cancer. Stage 4 and never smoked a day in his life. Of course we proceeded to talk about different treatment methods and exchanged cards. It is truly amazing how small the world gets when you take the time to talk with a stranger. I pray that they can keep fighting in time for a cure. His cancer is different than Bo's and has spread throughout his body. Their storied were very similar that 34 diagnosed with a dry cough...I will never forget the night of no-gas Carolina and meeting another survivor.
Anyway off to bed...
Tomorrow I have funny Addi stories...always
Love to All
Christi, Bo and Addi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home. We are praying for the day when you are back for good!!!! Yes, isn't life sweeter when we have the time to talk with strangers, which really are friends we just haven't meet yet. I am sure God will use you and your experiences to touch the lives of a lot of people. We continue to thank God for the progress that you have made.

Have a great weekend!!!!

Love,
Miss Kim

Anonymous said...

We had been a little behind on the blog and were so excited to just read all the recent news! Bo
you are truely amazing and so strong(your wife's not to shabby either)!! Keep it up because we are still waiting for you to get your butt to Michigan :) We miss you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you guys made it home! Have a great weekend!

love,
rachel

Anonymous said...

Christi,
I have a dear friend staying at the Residence in between Duke and Chapel Hill. Lee is getting treatments and Connie is there for him. They are wonderful people in their 80's and live in my neighborhood. Please see if you can meet her. They come hom eweekends. They go to Chapel Hill for their treatments. I am praying for all of you!
Love,
Kathy Falandys from the coast

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!!!! So glad to hear that you're back home and doing so well. A few more baby steps and you'll be over to our house for a BBQ soon! We love you guys! Scott and Katie

Marketing Gurl said...

welcome back...sorry about having no gas although the gas shortage is all over the blogs!