Monday, September 08, 2008

Good Evening Everyone - I hope that your day is going well. I have to say that I am having mixed emotions right now. Addi and I came back to Cornelius or as Addi says, the far, far away house. She started school last week and attends school Monday and Wednesday, so for a mother's piece of mind I want to make sure with my own eyes that she is adjusting alright to her new class and will be okay if she spends a couple of days a week with family and friends while Mommy helps Daddy adjust home, when that time comes. She is doing great and loves her new and old friends. I do have to say Jenna and Addi must get together and play, Addi loves her.
So here I am in Cornelius freaking out that I haven't seen Bo for my first 24 hours since the first transplant. The nurses have kept me up with his progress and said that he had a really good and relaxing day. They are practicing during the day of plugging Bo's trach so he can get used to breathing through his nose and mouth and not the hole in his throat. Another breathing exercise which is never easy, but it is a step we have to take to get home. He is working on getting his independence and the nurses assure me that he might need this and that they are taking incredible care of him...can I really stay here until Addi finishes school Wednesday...only time will tell. I know it is what Addi needs and Bo and I did swear and promise to always put Addi first. I just stinks that I cannot be in two places in at one time...
Love and take care
Christi, Addi and Bo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christi, you such a strong and brave woman. I so admire your positive attitude through this difficult time. Know that many people out here pray for your family and Bo's recovery. You are amazing, always remember that!

Anonymous said...

I know Christi this is extremly hard, but if anyone can do it, you can. I pray for you and your family every day. I know Bo well win this battle with the breathing machine and be home soon. Love, Aunt Marlene from Kansas

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Chisti-You've made it though SO MUCH! You can make it...
:-)
Go get yourself a massage or something?!?!? Do something NICE for yourself. You've been such a ROCK through all of this. I respect and admire you and you inspire me...and we've never even MET! I hope to hug your neck one day-
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Christi, you are an amazing person...every day as I read this blog your courage and positive attitude never cease to inspire me. Bo and Addi are extremely lucky to have a person like you in their lives...you are a gift from above. There are many times when I wish I could be in two places at the same time...and it hurts that I cant be...but God will get us through each and every day. With Him..all things are possible. He will put you where you are to be. Always trust in Him. You are doing an amazing job, keep up the good work and we will keep praying. God Bless you Christi Johnson.

Anonymous said...

Christi,
I can't imagine the anxiety you are feeling right now. You feel the need to be in two places at once with one not being more important than the other. Just hold on knowing that you are doing the right thing. We continue to send prayers and positive thoughts your way~use these as strength to get through the next couple of days.
Take care.
We love you,
The Glidewell Clan

Jerrold said...

CJ take care of you and AJ and get things ready for BJ "Forest" he will prob. be walking down the highway to get to y'all soon

Anonymous said...

Christi,
As hard as this seems you are doing the right thing. Addi needs a sense of normalcy and you are providing her with that. While away I'm willing to bet that Bo is working that much harder to get home to his wonderful ladies. Hang in there you are on the down hill slope now.

Anonymous said...

Christi,
You are in two places at one time. You are in Bo's heart and mind always. You both know Addi is in need of your beautiful TLC for now. So, take a deep breath, thank God you have two people you love so much and know you are with them both always, as He?She is with you! :-).
Love,
Kay

Anonymous said...

Christi,

Learned two things today, not in order and i think it applies to many things:

1)God does not give us anything he knows we can't handle.

2)The rest we can give to Jesus.

There you have it, about as religous as i can get.

Give it to him, he will take it off your plate.

Matthew 11:28

Jay and Melissa in Fakesdale, I mean Scottsdale ; )