Sunday, June 05, 2011

Hello to All -
It is crazy to think that Bo has now been gone for a year and a half. Today we took and kept it quiet at home. This actually happened by Addi's choice. I gave her many options of things to do and she just wanted a Mommy Addi day at home. So while she played I tackled cleaning the toy room. That is one room that I spent 5 hours in sorting through stuff and walked away not feeling like I got anything accomplished. UGH! But it was a fun day of ponies, Littlest Pet Shop, Strawberry Shortcake and Polly Pockets. Now that I say I that I realize why I felt like nothing got done. Oh well, the time is priceless.
With that being said a true sweet story….tonight I was taking the trash out and noticed the fire flies out. I run inside to get Addi, who is suppose to be heading for bed and make her run outside without telling her what we are going to do. As soon as she gets outside her eyes light up and we start chasing. Which by the way being a farm girl we never had outside lights on our house or yard lights. I kept getting blinded by the yard lights or catching them from the corner of my eye, getting side tracked. We catch one and out of her mouth goes, “Now Mommy we must make a wish (why didn’t I think of that as a kid for when you catch a firefly. We just let ours go, anyway)” “I wish for Daddy, Mommy, The Buddies and Me, Great-Great Grandpa, Brazi (neighbor’s dog). I just wish no one had to die.” That was our wish for everyone we caught…sweet little girl. It was hilarious though running through our yard, the neighbors yard and down the street to chase them. You now know what we will be doing at dusk. I sure hope no one wants to sleep, because our squeals are loud!
Love to All
Christi and Addi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Cherish every moment and never stop chasing those fireflies!