Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It has been awhile since I posted, and a lot has happened. I had a guys weekend in Pinehurst, an Addi's Cure event in Lawrence, and I have been to SEVERAL cities along the way.

First - The 5 B's Classic in Pinehurst. This is an annual event I have been to for the past 10 years. Several of my frat brothers got together at Brian Williams' dad beach place and it has grown into a major event. If you are the individual winner, not only do you get some $$b you get the pink jacket and the silver cup. I have never won this event, and I was really hoping to do well. You guessed it, bad the first day and really out of the tournament. The good news is I went 2-1 on the ryder cup part. Brian Williams did win this year, and I was happy for him. However, next year will have to be my year.

I got back yesterday from Lawrence and the Addi's Cure event. I went out to Lawrence on Saturday and played golf on Sunday with Chris Dodds, Curtis Morgan, Justin J, Phil Frost, and of course me. We played Lawrence Country Club, good track, needs 1 more year since they just redid the whole course. It was really in pretty good shape considering. On Monday night, we had an event at 23rd Street Brewery. It was packed and a lot of fun. There was a silent auction, etc. There were many volunteers, and I know I will miss some, but here is a good try: Jen and Bill Newton, Mel, Erin, Crystal, Bev, Red Dog, Mom (Terri Morgan), Randy and Catherine Glidewell and Cyndi, Ami and Caitlin. Each person was really important in getting this thing going. Crystal, Christi's sister, had the idea and boy did everyone pull it off. If I missed someone, please let me know so I can post them.

As far as my health, I am still doing fine. I am a little worried of course, my next scans are August 7th. Again, the goal is 5 years. That means I have to stick around until June 1, 2011. Thanks to everyone who keeps me on track.

There have been several new articles and interviews if you would like to watch them. Go to addiscure.org and look on the left hand side. There are some really good ones from Lawrence. The young lady at channel 6 did an outstanding job.

Please say an extra prayer for the Acker family this week as well. Little Gabby is doing great, she is having to be let down slowly off some very hard drugs she had to have when they fixed her heart. She got addicted to them, so it is a difficult process. Please take time to pray for them.

I will write more soon. I hope Christi will post some new pictures of Addi as well.

3 comments:

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

It was so great to have finally gotten the chance to meet you and your family. You little Addi is even prettier in person. Thank you so much for mentioning our little angel. Gabi sure is lucky getting so many shout outs:)
We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers. Now if I can just work on Jason to get us to NC for a visit!!!
Love and God Bless,
Micah, Jason, Gracie, and Gabi

Anonymous said...

Bo the fundraiser was fantastic. And you are doing all the right things, eating right, exercising and of course your beautiful positive attitude it really looks good on you. I cannot wait til next years.
Was so good to see you and Christi and Addi. I know we are spoiled got to see you guys three times this year.
Keep up the good work. Aunt Marlene from Kansas

Angel Gabi's Daddy said...

Bo,

Thank you for the help with the prayers we do appreciate it. You have been on in our prayers and on our prayer list at church for a while so you're getting prayers you didn't even know about. Micah and I were curious about the success of the lawrence event. We hope it was well worth the effort.

Love and Prayers
The Acker Family