Friday, October 26, 2007

When I typed the blog entry for yesterday, I had no idea it would cause such a stir.... I got many calls/emails yesterday and today, as well as several entries into the blog. My purpose of this blog is to always be as honest as I can about how I feel and what is happening. (remember the doctor and his finger from the beginning? :) ) During my time living with this mess, I have been very lucky from the standpoint of having a great support cast. I won't even talk about Christi and Addi because you know, but my parent, friends, and a lot of people just showing they care. This has carried me a long way and has given me many positive days. However, I knew there would come a time when I would have some bad days. What surprised me most was the same support really came through again. Candace called me and yelled at me, Caroline wrote me a long email as well as Jeanne, and Christi stood by me like she always does.

I am sick still, and I do not feel very good today, but I am feeling better mentally than yesterday.

I think that the pressure of dealing with this has gotten to me. I also think it is affecting my job as well, which is very important to me. Bill, Jo, Brian, and everyone at FIG is really stepping up, but it bothers me. I just want to go back to a normal life, and that is just not possible anymore no matter what I do.

Just wanted to make sure I explained a little more. I am still fighting, and will not give this up ever because of Christi and Addi. I am sure there are better days ahead....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hope is always available to us. When we feel defeated, we need only take a deep breath and say, 'Yes,' and hope will reappear."


You're my hero Bo Johnson.

anna

Anonymous said...

Hey Bo!
Glad to know that you are feeling better today! I know there are going to be tough days like yesterday and I am glad that you let us know so we could let you know that we are still here fighting for you as well! Don't worry about work...it will always be there and everyone understands! Take some time to heal...it will get better! We love you!

The Faunces

Anonymous said...

Bo,

Miracles happen every day. Keep the faith. I've never thought other-wise that you will not beat this. I hope you still feel the same way. Don't ever give up hope.

Terry

Anonymous said...

Hello,
This is one of your nurses from duke. I read your blogs but not that regularly. But now I read yesterday's post. I just want to tell you something. Do you remember our talks about God, faith, religion? I just want to tell you that you are not a normal and ordinary person, you are extraordinary in God's eyes and He knows how much you can take. He will allow you to go thru only that stuff which He know you can handle. Give everything over into His hands and you will see what he wishes to do thru' you. You know what faith is? Trusting someone else completely, even when logic says otherwise. Extraordinary faith works miracles, because then you know that Whatever God gives you, will only be the best for you. He created you and He knows how to take care of his creations. Have faith always, like an eagle.


Flying Above The Storm !

Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."


Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks?

The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come.

When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it high above the storm.

While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring high above it, gliding with ease.

The eagle does not escape the storm, it just simply uses the storm to lift it higher.

It rises on the winds that bring the storm into its world.

When the storms of life come upon us -- and all of us will experience them -- we can rise above them by setting our minds and faith toward God!!!

The storms do not have to overcome us.

We can allow God to lift us above them. God enables us to ride the winds of the storm that brings sickness, pain, tragedy, failure and disappointments in our lives, and make something good come from it.

We can soar above the storm.

Remember, it is not the burdens of life which weigh us down, but it is how we handle them that counts.

International friend.

Anonymous said...

Bo
I am so happy you are feeling some better today. You are a true inspiration to all of us. I am praying for you and hope all the tests turn out positive on Tuesday.
Aunt Marlene from Kansas

Anonymous said...

Bo, Thanks for being so honest in this blog. I read it constantly for updates on you and appreciate you and your family taking time to update your cyber friends. I trust your instincts and I'm glad that you are asking to be on the transplant list. I hope that God spoke directly to you and told you this was best--maybe he needed you to feel a little sick, emotionally and physically, for you to hear Him. Go ahead, have a bad day/week. But like the rest of us, get on your knees everynight and pray for Bo Johnson and family!