Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Finally, I have something to update about the lung transplant situation. Duke called me to schedule my 1 week evaluation. I go on February 18 for the entire week. This is the evaluation and test process. I was very disappointed to have to wait until the 18th, but at least I am in. I go back to Duke for chemo on the 28th, and I will talk to them again then. After the week of testing, the doctors will meet about my case. At that point, I guess I will go on the list if they deem it ok.

I am happy to get started, just wish it was sooner..... It is a roller coaster of emotions....

Oh - went to the dentist yesterday and got a good checkup. Just thought you would like to know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bo,
So glad to see you still have a sense of humor!! Thank you for the update on your lung transplant AND dental check-up. I truely believe you will get there soon. As always, love and prayers,
Mom in Kansas

Jerrold said...

Good to hear things are moving along Bo I was getting upset about the wait, and Duke dragging their heels w/ cancer and BAC time is precious. Keep me posted spam/ call me if you need to

Anonymous said...

glad that you finally got to talk to them! feb. 18th will be here before we know it! love you guys!

rachel

Anonymous said...

Holyfield,
I was worried sick about your bicuspids ; ) Glad you have a date and a goal to shoot for. will be here before you know it.
J

Anonymous said...

When is your pedicure?

Ryan

Unknown said...

Hey Bo!
You don't know me but I suffered from Chronic lymphociti Leukemia. It always attacks my lungs. In July 2007, my lungs were almost completely shut down with tumors, and also some in my liver. God is the one who knows all and will let you know where this will lead you. Approach Him like your Father and ask Him where is this leading to. Because peace of mind is important when the situation is grave and we have no control. May the Almighty Creator show you His face and fill you with His wisdom. God Bless You.

Yves Mario Cordon