Tuesday, January 01, 2008


Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a good holiday. The Johnson Family had an interesting one....


I first wanted to say I go to Duke tomorrow for scans and then stay over for a January 3rd appointment with Dr. Palmer, the lung transplant guy. I will know a lot more on Jan 3rd and will report. I am worried about the scans, like always. This time I am for sure breathing different, and I have no idea what is going on. I will be glad to know, that way the docs hopefully can do something.... Dr. Palmer is the man that makes the decision about the transplant, so I hope I impress him.... Might wear a suit, just kidding.


We are going to present Duke Research with a check from Addi's Cure tomorrow as well. I am so proud of Addi's Cure and what it has become. It is all due to every ones help! We are going to donate $61,289.35 to lung cancer research. We also have over $98,000 in our interest bearing account for endowment. Everyone has done such a great job with this. We have decided to hold our first Addi's Cure event for 2008 on March 1 in Cornelius at the Peninsula Yacht Club. It will be with a Jimmy Buffett theme and should be a lot of fun..... Please make plans to come if you can....


Alright - holiday update. I was not able to go to Kansas because of my breathing. Christi and I were disappointed, but we did think it was best. I will have to get back there soon, I miss my Kansas family. Christi and Addi have a blast and Addi went sledding with her BFF forever Ryan. I added a picture of Addi (eyes closed of course!) and Ryan with Uncle Curtis at the top....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will pray for you and wish you the very best at Duke!! Please keep us updated when you all know something.
We love you all....
Candace and Walker

Anonymous said...

we are thinking of you while you are at duke! we love you!

the faunces

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you always!
Love, The Baileys

Anonymous said...

We are keeping you and your Family in our thoughts and prayers today and every day. John and Elizabeth Maddox