Sunday, January 06, 2008

Not much to report this weekend. I stayed around the house, just having trouble breathing. Addi and Christi stayed close as well, so I spent a lot of time with Addi. We watched the games, and of course watched Kansas play on Saturday and Carolina play tonight. My Mom made us dinner tonight, so Christi got a break.... kind of, she still had to take care of me! :)

I go back to Duke on Tuesday for the new chemo and I really want to go. I am having trouble sleeping as I can not breathe really well. I hope it will push back the cancer some to help my stamina and breathing. The only problem is I can only take it 8 times every 3 weeks. A short term fix. Would love to play golf again, but walking up stairs is tough now.

When I started this blog I said I would alway tell the truth on what was happeing to me. Above is the way it is now. I am scared about what will happen next, and feel that without the transplant I might be on the way down. I am not depressed or mad, just trying to explain where I am. Looking forward to some good news soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and sending you lots of energy and light from Omaha! Don't over due it and try to keep the faith. We think of you every day and can only imagine how frightening it must be to be facing such obstacles. When you're riding bikes and playing golf and being active and feeling good it's a little easier to push the reality of the word cancer to the back of your mind for a while. But, when you're having trouble breathing, it's got to make everything come rushing back and reality hit you head on like a linebacker. So, I leave you with the advice that I give to friends in times of need and trouble.... "just breathe!".

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what you are going through. Since reading your blog -the problems in my life seem petty. You have taught me to appreciate everyday with my family - and not take anything for granted. Your integrity and determination is inspiring, and I hope you know that you are making a difference in my life - May God bless you and your beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Be encouraged Bo... even in the worst of times, God is still working our behalf. We are praying for you and your family daily!

Anonymous said...

Bo, Hang in there and as in the movie, Field of Dreams, go the distance. There is no doubt in my mind that God has many more things for you to do in your life, and now is not your time. You just have to believe that in you heart and keep the faith. Besides, the Prairie Princess needs you to keep her straight.