Thursday, January 03, 2008

New update from Duke today. We went up and met with Dr. Palmer who is the director of the lung transplant area. He is very nice and SMART, and he is just a bit older than me. (He was the smart one in school!!!)

He talked to me about the procedure and he is going to look into my case. He is really going to consider it, and that is the best news I could have received. This is not a guarantee he will let me do this, but it is a first step. It was a good meeting....

Chris Flynn, Suzi's husband, asked me if he could have Addi's Cure be the charity that is listed at Suzi's funeral in lieu of flowers. I was honored. He said Suzi would have wanted it this way, and I believe him.... I will miss Suzi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very, very, very, happy that you had a good meeting today. I have followed your blog for quite some time now and I am familiar with the Duke Lung Cancer Center as my dad was a patient there. I hope so much that you are granted a go ahead and know that many people be they familiar or strangers are pulling for you tremendously. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

Bo, I am a friend of Suzi's and didn't know you, but every time she and I spoke, you were on her mind. Keep fighting. Don't ever give up. I am making a donation as we speak. Know that you are in someone's prayers tonight.

Angel Gabi's Daddy said...

Hey Bud...just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that the Acker family is following along with. We continue to pray for you and your family every day.

You're an inspiration bud...always have been.

Love ya
J