Monday, January 21, 2008

I wanted to have a quick update for today.

I am feeling better and at work today. I did very little this weekend, just hung out with Addi and Christi. I am trying to gain some weight, so I am drinking some protein shakes and stuff. It has been a long time since I have tried to gain weight..... I am now at 155 pounds and that is what I weighed in high school. It is weird....

I am VERY frustrated with Duke as of now. I met with the transplant people on Jan 3, and I am still not knowing what is going on. I am trying to be politically correct and going through the proper channels, but the further it is out the worse I feel about it. I have been trying to email and to work some magic, but nothing so far. I go back up on the 28th of January for chemo, and if I have not heard by then then I am going to have to become "crazy" Bo.....

My KS family is coming out in early Feb so I am glad about that!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been thinking a ton about you and the girls! You're amazing! I'm sure they already know that at Duke! Keep your chin up! I know you will get some answers soon!
RB

Katie Holden said...

Hi Bo,
My name is Katie. A dear friend of mine, and employee of yours at FIG were sharing stories of how fun our jobs were. I work for an advertising agency near SouthPark. I then shared a story about my friend Pat, suffering stage 4 lunch cancer, who never smoked. She in turn, told me about you and your blog, suffering the same thing.
Bo, You are incredible! Brave! and inspiring to us all! I am touched by the honesty in your blog, and the braveness you are showing each day - you teach us all how to live our lives better. My friend is Pat Kitts. Her site is www.holdontohope.com - check it out. We are all behind you - praying for you & your family members. We are here for you, and we know God is great, and has a plan for each of us, and he is capapble of great things.
Thank you for sharing your story. Maybe we need to get the media more involved? Katie Holden

Anonymous said...

Bo, if you need us the CA option is still here. I will pull all the stings I can for you here at USC (the one in CALIFORNIA).

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Evander,
Be crazy Bo.... politics are for the Clinton's. If that makes you crazy then we all are. Hang tough.
CRAZY Jay

Jerrold said...

Bo, keep fighting you only have one life, so don't be afraid to step on a few toes, spam/call me if you need to, GO WEST YOUNG MAN.
Jerrold

Anonymous said...

We add our voices to all those who are offereing support. We think of you constantly. Good to hear you're trying to gain weight. The protein shakes and "stuff" are a good plan. When my dad was dealing with his LC, his doctors suggested Carnation instant breakfast. They say that it has a ton of the nutrients you need each day and if you add ice cream to make it a real shake, you'll be adding calories and fat which will also assist with the weight gain. Seemed to work well for him. So much so that I now give it to our son to keep him healthy and strong.

all our love and support
Larry & Tammy from Omaha

Anonymous said...

Bo

Ami got the count down going til she gets to come out and see you.

Love you guys

Anonymous said...

Bo

Ami got the count down going til she gets to come out and see you.

Love you guys