Saturday, August 02, 2008

Good Evening Everyone - I must start off by apologizing. My fabulous brother and sister-in-law pointed out to me that I am not be precise enough about Bo's progress these last couple days. (I think secretly I didn't want to jinx ourselves) Bo today made it 3 days completely off the vent, no nighttime ventilation. So today, as a surprise to me, they moved him out to step down. He is resting well right now, but we know when he reaches the week mark is when his CO2 has a tendency to rise. So please, please keep praying for Bo's diaphragm. We desperately need it to kick in at full strength.
On another note, please also pray for my dear friend Debbie B. Her husband Danny has taken a turn and has a horrible infection right now. She has been a woman with incredible grace and strength throughout her husband's lung transplant ordeal. Danny and Bo were side by side in ICU, I think because they are both medical marvels. Bo was a double, double lung transplant (not common) but Danny is a double and half. He had his first transplant in February, had a complication in April to where they transplanted only one lung the second time. So if you are following me, Danny has two donated lungs from two different people. He is a fighter, so please pray that he will continue to have strength and fight this infection. It is crazy (and scary) how quickly things can change. Please share in your prayers for Debbie...
Love to all
Christi, Addi and Bo
PS - I promise I won't list everyone that comes into ICU, my support group consists of Bob, Joe, Debbie, and Sue. They are the 4 legs I stand on each day, a part of my heart is always with them and forever will be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will always pray! All our love,
The Faunces

Anonymous said...

Bo you and your diaphragm are constantly in my prayers. Please keep up the good work, and Thanks again Christi for posting daily. We do appreciate it. Aunt Marlene from Kansas

Anonymous said...

Christi,
I love when you share who is in ICU and what other people we should be praying for. I always pray for Bo and you and Addi but it is a good reminder that those who struggle with similar issues and support you also need our prayers. We need to be generous with our prayers. You are bonding with some incredible "heroes." Prayers go to all of you and them!
Love,
Kay

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for the diaphragm to kick in tonight Christi. tell Bp we pray for him every night at dinner, and for your continued strength supporting him.
Mel and Jay