Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Addi was crazy this morning. She is really a darling little girl. I had a lot of fun with her this morning before I went to work. Had some eggs and a shake this morning. I am eating a little less now, not feeling bad, but less hungry. Went to work, and again, everyone there is doing such a good job. Had lunch at home, then back to work. I came home tonight and played with Addi. I will also say that everything is sort of taking it's toll on me and Christi. I think we are both stressed out. It was really nice for Kelly Stamey to bring dinner over tonight. It helped Christi a lot. She has been working really hard trying to keep up with Addi, keep up with her normal stuff, keep up with my nutrition, and keep up with cancer news. I am really proud of her for the way she is handling this, but I think it has taken a major toll on her. It is hard to hear some of the things that she has had to hear, and scary. To have a 9 month old baby (as of today!) and have to accept what could happen to your husband, wow, a lot to handle. So I think I am going to dedicate the blog to her today, just to say thanks.

By the way, I read some survivor stories on Lance Armstrong's website tonight. It was depressing about lung cancer. Everyone seems to have such a dismal outlook except me. I want everyone to know that there has to be a first survivor, right? Who was the first person that made it through other things in history. Could we see history in the making? Maybe, and I would stay tuned!

I will try to do better by giving you the food information. It is very hard to eat a wide variety of food and keep it interesting. I will try to do better.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bo and Christi....We all continue to be so proud of you both. You all are both such wonderful people and WE ALL stand behind 110%. I know you will be the first survivor because you are ready to fight and are doing everything in your power to fight this disease. I want to thank you for being such a strong person and for teaching us all about life and how important people and life in general can be. So thanks, thanks for the blog and for reminding us all of how important each and every day really is...
Candace

Anonymous said...

Bo, KEEP UP THE FIGHT AND YOUR GREAT ATTITUDE!! I'm sure it is depressing to read and know the statistics (I lost my dad to the battle you're fighting.) I wanted to share with you that today when Larry and I took Mickey to the doctor for a physical, I read a story about lung cancer in a magazine. It was basically an article about lung cancer and the female statistics, which were depressing. But, they had three inspirational stories about women who had beat it. Two even had diagnosis of metastis (sp?) and one has been free of the beast for five years! There are survivor stories out there and you will be one. That beautiful baby girl is going to have her daddy walk her down the aisle some day!

You're always in our thoughts!
Tammy Pike

Anonymous said...

Bo, You're already a survivor!! And you will outlive us all with your amazing attitude and strength! Keep up the fight! You WILL succeed!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!!! I am a friend of Caroline's and I have been praying for you. I have several family members very close to me who have fought and who are currently fighting cancer. I know how easy it is to let the negativity get to you. But I think that a positive attitude is wonderful medicine & it is very inspiring to see the positive outlook you have. Dont ever give that up! Please know that there are people praying for a full recovery for you and for strength for your family members and support system. You are an insipiration and you WILL beat this.
God Bless!
PS- you have a beautiful daughter and I love getting Caroline's pics of her.
Corina Nicholson

Anonymous said...

Bo - My neighbor's mother has had lung cancer since 2000 and she is getting chemo 3 weeks on 3 weeks off - and has been doing that for over 6 years. She is older than you, not as good as health and she is beating this. I am not sure what stage she was in when they diagnosed her but I can find out all her details if you are interested - Let me know. I know they said it is a true miracle that she made it the first year much less five more years.
I can not imagine what you and Christi are going through, you are always in my thoughts.
Laurie (Amy, Lena, and Rachel;s friend).

Anonymous said...

Bo-dacious,
You and I have a date with a MTB trail on Wed. We are going to cruise the Huntersville trails. I have been enjoying the rides with the "Big Ring" in the AM's. Very motivating.It has helped me cure my "bed suck". Funny thing is that you think you are going slower, but you are actually improving. I remember the first ride we did a few weeks ago and you have come a long way baby. Maybe you figured out that you can actually go up hills if you shift it out of the BIG RING...See you next week.
Jay
PS. You might want to tell that chick who came to draw blood at the office to quit watching vampire movies...

Anonymous said...

Bo,

We just got back from the 3 mentors conference in Miaim, Fl and found your blog today.

I'm glad to hear that you are keeping an upbeat and positive attitude...sometimes I think that helps even more than medicine. My wife, Michelle, and I are praying for you and your family.

If you ever need anything man, just call. Even if you just want to chat and unload.

God Bless,
Rob & Michelle Russell
Russell & Company
Fairborn, Ohio

Anonymous said...

Christi,

Thank you for lovingly taking care of Bo. Hopefully you don't forget to take care of yourself also.

Too often we forget that the loved ones fight the battle just as hard as those with the disease.

Your Love and Strength is the best medicine Bo can have right now. Hold each other up on the bad days and never, never give up hope.

God never gives us more that we can handle, but I'm sure there are days when you question that, especially now.

Love to you on this day dedicated to you by Bo. Our prayers are with you.

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Amen to what Joyce said! Christi, you are an amazing woman, mother, wife, and friend! You have a strength that I only wish I had! Keep up the fight! It will reward you in the end! Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.