Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Before I start telling you about my day, I wanted to say thanks to everyone that has posted something to the blog. It has really made me feel good to read every comment.

Today is the last day of the week for me. I will be headed to the beach tomorrow for the annual guy's golf weekend. Although this year there is a twist: Addi and Christi are going with me. (I really doubt that no matter how long I live, there will not be too many times they will not accompany me somewhere!)

Work went well. I was supposed to be off, but there were two meetings I needed to attend. After that I got my head shaved again. My hair grows some places, and some places no way. The barber did it with a straight razor so my head really is smooth as a babies butt so to speak. Christi and I basically packed for the rest of the night except when Walker and Candace were over.

Amy Lee brought us diner tonight. We had spaghetti and turkey meat sauce, veggies, and rice milk. She did a good job, and I will have to dedicate the blog to her tonight!

Please do not forget to pray for Chip's mom, Suzi, Mike D., Chuck, and me. We all need them to keep coming.

I also want to send a shout out to the prayer warriors in Des Moines, IA. They have been great and have a great mommy. I think when children pray God hears them better. I know that many people have their kids praying for me. Dennis, Neal and Trey, and several others. Thanks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear of your good report from the doctor yesterday! I have had you and your family on my mind for weeks now and was so happy to finally go to bed with good news last night.

all my best,
abby ebken roberts

ps-i have my kids and husband saying prayers for you and your family and will continue to do so!!

Anonymous said...

Bo,
We are friends of Justin and Rachael Faunce and actually met you a couple of years ago. We are behind you all the way in this fight! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Your determination and attitude is awesome and will allow you to beat this. From reading your blog, I see you have motivated and positively affected many people. 99% of people never get to influence anyone else (much less the amount you have) they way you have!! Keep up the great work and we're always thinking of you and your family.
Shane, Kim, and Cole Seagle

Anonymous said...

Bo,

I just wanted to tell you how happy I am that you have such great things to say about Duke, I knew you would come around! I am very happy to hear that you are doing so good. Mom & I read your blog every night together. I also wanted to tell you that I pray for you, Christi, Addi & the buddies every night. I also have my Youth Group at Church praying for all of you.

Take Care,
Britton N.

Anonymous said...

Bo,
I just wanted to let you know I put you on the prayer line at church. We are all praying for you. I'm so glad to hear the good news from yesterday. Keep it up!

Jean Casagrande

Anonymous said...

The prayer warrior's mommy reporting in...the boys have now added you to our dinner table prayers, not just bedtime prayers. It's all about Bo, his beautiful wife, and adorable baby, at our house these days! That has to be extra good news because the prayers will have double-whammy power! We'll keep up our prayers and encouragement, you keep up your hard work, and I'm sure God and your Dr's will do the rest. Please tell Addi and Christi that the boys pray for them EVERY SINGLE NIGHT also. They tell God that Bo just HAS to walk Addi to kindergarten because it was a PROMISE. It will happen and we want pictures!

Anonymous said...

HI Bo, Christi and Addi! This is Sam Shelnut.
Bo I talked to Jo this morning and I told her that when Tim told me what you were going through that he finished by telling me "that if anyone could beat this it was Bo Johnson!"
I am so proud of all of you and how powerfully you are fighting this thing! Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. And don't forget Bo, we are just a phone call away if you need anything. And that goes for you too Christi!
Hugs and kisses
~Sam