Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tuesday was really busy at the office. I did catch up with Mike, Brian's dad's friend who just found out about having lung cancer. I will say this, that guy is going to give cancer a heck of a fight. I thought I was going to have to pump him up, heck, he pumped me up. He went to UNC today to meet with his doctors, so everyone please say a little prayer for him. I hope that his outlook is very positive. Surgery would be best....

I meet with my alternative doctor yesterday and did not say anything about her. She is really nice and she is concentrating on my immune systems and inner self. (Go ahead, insert joke here...) Seriously, I think she is a big help. She has really been giving me good tips about eating. In my opinion, I am going to take every avenue I can, no matter what people say.

I also started back in my masters class again. The dean of the masters program is very nice and is allowing me to make up what I missed (basically one class) by turning in the "opportunity for learning" (test) late. I will be done with my Masters in April of 2007. I am getting a MSM(l) which is a masters in the science of management with an emphasis in leadership. I am very excited to keep this going. It is a big challenge, but I can handle it.

I am excited about the chemo on the 25th, but I am a little afraid of being tired after that. On the 27th, Christi, Addi, and I leave for the 5 Bs Classic in Myrtle Beach. I am very impressed with my friends, this is a guys only weekend and they are working with Addi and Christi coming. Very nice. For 10 years now, me and several of my college buddies have gone to the beach for a golf trip. Ok, let's be honest, it started out with no golf included. However, as we have gotten older, it has become more about golf. We even have a silver cup (engraved with the winner's name) that is past around, and a pink blazer that you have to wear out on Saturday night. It is loads of fun. I of course, am O for the golf outing. I guess we will have to make this the year. If I can win, I can hear it now - "It was the performance enhancing chemo that helped you! :)

Last but not least, I am dedicating this blog post to Terry Morgan, Christi's uncle from Kansas. This guy has spent HOURS on the internet researching cancer. He has mailed me at least 100 pages printed material, as well as some good "meal" bars that I can eat. I did tell him on the phone tonight that I appreciated him doing this, but I wanted everyone to know what a great help he has been. Thank you Terry!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bo,

I still keep up with everybody at FIG and of course was sad to hear the news when it first happened. I have been reading your blog and I just want you & Christi to know how insipirational it is and how touched I am by your observations on life. I also want you to know that if you ever need anything from Hope or myself please don't hesitate to ask, seriously. We still are close by in Cornelius (980-722-9188). I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery and it sounds like you are off to a great start. Enjoy that little girl, she's a cutie.

Sincerely,

Jason Burk

Unknown said...

Very interesting article. I would love to read the book “Start with Why”, by Simon Sinek. I think he has taken a great to
Hotal Travel America |

Select Tours Inc |

Loire Forex Tourism |

Adventure Tours |

Traveling Armenian |

Travel Prescott |

Travel Swith |

Home Town Improvement |

Costarica Solar Home Improvement |

Green Costarica Home Improvement |

Unknown said...

This is truly good content and informative weblog, I praise what youve done here, along with sharing great material with excellent suggestions and concepts, Im truly pleased to post my comment on this weblog, many thank yous to the author.
Ads Profit Reward |

Full Business |

Doral Business |

Miller Hill Business |

Arm Turk Business |

Business Imperial |

Digital Business |

Burning Business |

Business School |

Core Business Bank |

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information
7thhome.com |

luxuryhomestogo.com |

myhavenhomes.com |

hailhomerepair.com |

mysincityhomes.com |

freehomedeposit.com |

freestonehomes.com |

homerunlotto.com |

atautomotivellc.com |

autoclima-u-go.com |

Unknown said...

Thanks! i just discovered this game and have been playing for a while now! very entretaining! GREAT job!
ageinvestment.com |

headlineprofits.com |

marketonlineprofits.com |

keepyourprofit.com |

sneakyhealth.com |

amwayhealtheclub.com |

oncarecrm.com |

azheartcare.com |

mfitnesslonetree.com |

fourthsectorhealth.com |

Anonymous said...

Hi,this is AIZAH. I am actual page rank Backlinks provider,I am giving the warranty that all links are powerful and ranked your site with a days.
ecohawaiitours |

georgiagrouptours |

horsebaktour |

hotel-travel-america |

selecttoursinc |

loire-forez-tourism |

iranadventuretours |

travelingarmenian |

travel-prescott |

travelswithmaddog |

Unknown said...

Don’t forget the legion of Gothic fans out there keeping an eye on you/this, and let us know once in a while you’re still alive hehe!
wfashion |

adenium-shopping |

r4shopping |

donnafashion |

fashionjunk |

fashionforwomen |

nolafashioncouncil |

fashionfire |

efashiontrend |

californiafashion |

Unknown said...

An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a friend who was conducting a little homework on this. And he actually bought me breakfast due to the fact that I found it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending time to discuss this topic here on your blog.
v-travelled |

bestofgaytravel |

numatravels |

travelersrvreno |

banshitravels |

exploreuktravel |

alsurtravel |

dubaitravelshop |

couchtravels |

hwisetravel |

Unknown said...

Hello, you used to write great, but the last few posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your great writings. Past few posts are just a little out of track! come on!
hotel-travel-america |

selecttoursinc |

loire-forez-tourism |

iranadventuretours |

travelingarmenian |

travel-prescott |

travelswithmaddog |

hometownnationalwa |

costaricasolarhomes |

greencostaricahomes |

Unknown said...

Ik spreek niet over scheurtjes in oude banden, maar in tamelijk nieuwe banden. En dan bedoel ik 1-2 jaar. De cracks waar Sheldon over spreekt is iets heel anders. Die zijn het gevolg van contact met rommel op de weg. De scheurtjes waar ik het over heb, zitten in de flanken en het zijn er honderden. De oorzaak is slechte hechting van de rubbercompound aan de koordlagen, of krimp in de rubbercompound. Dat heet gebrekkige kwaliteit.
housecallhomecare |

homeporthospice |

stillhouseranch |

lihomebuilders |

workoutforhome |

wsbtbusinessbreak |

gtgbusinessresources |

business-of-guam |

coolbusinessrooms |

simplebusinessgroup |

byash said...

Valuable very touchable information. I would like to thank you for sharing your great facts.
hbc-business |

lawfirmprofits |

greatbusinessforum |

businessjetpeople |

sagebusinesscoach |

ageinvestment |

headlineprofits |

marketonlineprofits |

keepyourprofit |

sneakyhealth |

Bowie Callan said...

I must say that while reading your post I found my thoughts in agreement with the topic that you have discussed, which happens very rare.
adsprofitreward |

fullbusiness |

doralbusiness |

millerhillbusiness |

armturkbusiness |

businessimperial |

digitalisbusiness |

burnin4business |

cannabusinessschool |

corebusinessbank |

Anonymous said...

You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. http://www.assurahealth.net |

Unknown said...

well, this is an amazing thing that I found here. You tried best to achieve your thoughts. http://www.upgradetravelbetter.org |